Upper fixed ceramic brace.
If your teeth are crooked we can help to straighten the problem out
Many people struggle with the effects of crooked teeth, not because they’re painful, more because they can put a huge dent in your self-esteem. Our smile is critical to how many of us feel about our looks, and this is not simply a question of vanity, it has a massive impact on how we see ourselves.
As well as the aesthetic side of things, crooked teeth can also make it very difficult to keep your teeth and gums clean because its nigh on impossible to brush in-between. This can cause a lasting and damaging impact on our health, leading to gum disease and tooth loss.
There are many solutions to consider so call to make your consultation appointment and speak to a specialist about the options they’d suggest to give you the best results possible.
Upper and lower fixed metal braces.
Benefits of Orthodontics
Not only do straighter teeth look better and boost ones self-esteem, straighter teeth also have many dental health benefits:
- They are easier to clean reducing the risk of gum disease and tooth decay
- Reduced risk of accidental damage to protruding teeth
- Less chance of toothwear if the teeth are arranged in an ideal bite
- Less drilling and preparation of teeth for future cosmetic and restorative treatment
- Elimination of stress on jaw joints
The Treatment Process
At Acorn Dental, we appreciate your time is valuable but we also want you to get the best result. In order for us to help you achieve your dream smile, we have a clear treatment process outlined below, so you know what to expect when you embark on your orthodontic journey with us.
Start of Treatment
- 1st Appointment – This is usually a complimentary 10-15 minute consultation where we listen to your concerns and hear what you would like to achieve from your treatment. We will perform a brief examination to assess your suitability for orthodontic treatment and discuss with you the different options available to address your concerns, give you an idea of how long the treatment will take and give you a quote for the treatment. If you are happy with the information provided and wish to progress further, we will book another appointment for a full examination.
- 2nd Appointment – At this appointment we undertake a comprehensive examination including full dental records, smile analysis, impressions for models, x-rays and photographs. We gather all the information we need to accurately treatment plan your case. This appointment is usually about 45 minutes.
- 3rd Appointment – At this half hour appointment, with all the information at hand, we talk through your case in detail together. We discuss the different orthodontic options available, the pros and cons of each technique and we agree on a final treatment plan with a consent form.
- 4th Appointment – Your orthodontic appliance, whether it be Invisalign or fixed braces will be fitted and care instructions shall be provided.
During your orthodontic treatment, we aim to see you every 8-12 weeks to monitor your progress. This may be to provide you with the next set of Invisalign aligners or to change the wire in your fixed brace. The rest of the time you are responsible for the care of your appliance, and contacting us should you have any problems.
End of Treatment
The orthodontic treatment is completed once you are happy with the final positioning of your teeth, and it is safe for us to stop the treatment. You will be provide with a removable and/or fixed retainer to help keep your teeth in their new position. We then like to review you, at no further charge, at around 3 months after completion of your orthodontic treatment to ensure everything is ok.
Frequently Asked Questions
Orthodontic treatment can be used as a stand alone treatment or in conjunction with cosmetic restorative treatment to treat the following problems:
- Crowded or overlapping teeth
- Spaced teeth
- Wrongly positioned teeth
- Extra or missing teeth
- Deep bites
- Reverse or “under” bites
- Protuding or “goofy” teeth
- Damaged or lost teeth from gum disease, tooth decay and trauma
Simple alignment cases can be completed within 6-12 months. More complex cases take on average 18-24 months.
Patients may feel slight discomfort in the first week or so of orthodontic treatment as the bone begins to soften and the teeth begin to move, but its nothing a painkiller can’t handle!
Invisalign treatment costs range from £1200 to £2000 per arch.
Fixed orthodontic treatment costs range from £1000 to £1800 per arch.